Stop by the Blackstone LaunchPad powered by Techstars in Bird Library and get some peer mentoring from student entrepreneurs who are helping first-time innovators shape their product and business model roadmap. They are very interested in meeting new students and working with them to get ready for the busy competition season ahead, and working on the building blocks that bring a great idea to life.
Todd B. Rubin ’04 (School of Architecture), Minister of Evolution and President of The Republic of Tea, established a grant through his family foundation, The Rubin Family Foundation, for the 2019-2020 academic year. The grant supports five peer mentors at the LaunchPad. The Rubin Family Innovation mentors for the coming academic year are:
- David Fox ’19 (School of Information Studies), Global Media Fellow, founder of Jumpstart Marketing, and currently enrolled in Syracuse University’s College of Law;
- Kelsey Davis ’19 (S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications), co-founder of CLLCTVE, and currently enrolled in Martin J. Whitman graduate EEE program;
- Alec Gillinder ’20, an industrial and interaction design major in the College of Visual and Performing Arts, and co-founder of MedUX LLC;
- Quinn King ’20, an industrial and interaction design major in the College of Visual and Performing Arts, and co-founder of MedUX LLC; and
- Matt Shumer ’22 an entrepreneurship and emerging enterprises major in the Martin J. Whitman School of Management, and founder of Visos VR.
Here are their office hours:
Their business cards are in the LaunchPad, with their e-mail to reach them. Feel free to connect directly with them.