The LaunchPad works in a highly collaborative fashion with other programs across the Syracuse University campus. Some of our partnerships include:
- Center for Excellence in Environmental and Energy Systems Innovation (SyracuseCoE), which is an education-industry collaborative to advance R&D and market innovations in the sectors of cleantech and the built environment. The LaunchPad is a commercialization partner of the SyracuseCoE.
- College of Engineering and Computer Science and its Invent@SU program, a summer accelerator that helps students rapidly design and prototype inventions. The LaunchPad is the commercialization partner for the Invent@SU program.
- College of Law’s Innovation Law Center (ILC). Through a partnership relationship, the ILC works with LaunchPad students on patent landscapes, patent searches and patent strategy, as well as regulatory frameworks such as FDA guidelines. The ILC hosts office hours at the LaunchPad.
- College of Professional Studies through the ESL and Fulbright Scholar Program
- College of Visual and Performing Arts through creative entrepreneurship programming, and a strong partnership with the School of Design around design thinking and product development
- D’Aniello Institute for Veterans and Military Families (IVMF), higher education's first interdisciplinary academic institute, focused on advancing the lives of the nation's military veterans and their families, including bootcamps, the Veterans Accelerate program, the Defense Comptrollership Program and other specialized entrepreneurship training for veterans
- Falk College Sports Management and Food Studies Programs
- Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, particularly through the CCE, Sustainability and YALI programs
- Renee Crown Honors Program
- S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications Center for Digital Media Entrepreneurship, New Media Management program and Bandier Music Industry program. The LaunchPad is the commercialization partner for ventures that come out of the Center for Digital Media Entrepreneurship program.
- School of Education and InclusiveU, an initiative of the Taishoff Center for Inclusive Higher Education, along with the VPA School of Design, on the Intelligence ++ Program which is offered jointly with the LaunchPad. The program is the first inclusive design and entrepreneurship collegiate program in the country.
- School of Information Studies through the Information Technology, Design, and Startups (IDS), data science programs and NEXIS. The LaunchPad is the site of the IDS iSandbox. The LaunchPad also provides all programming for the Raymond vonDran iPrize.
- The SOURCE, the Syracuse Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Engagement (SOURCE), a cross-campus resource to assist students, at all levels, learn about how to get involved in faculty-led research activity, and develop research skills
- Whitman School of Management, its Entrepreneurship and Emerging Enterprises department and the Falcone Center for Entrepreneurship. The LaunchPad provides entrepreneurship programming and support services for the Falcone Center’s Couri Hatchery.
- WISE Women’s Business Center, a women's business center dedicated to empowering CNY's women entrepreneurs in all stages of business, funded in part by the US Small Business Administration and hosted by the Whitman School of Management at Syracuse University
Additionally, the Syracuse University LaunchPad is part of a network of 75 colleges and universities that are part of the Blackstone Charitable Foundation’s LaunchPad network, expanding our reach to help students find team members and subject matter experts.
We also enjoy a close working relationship with Techstars, the global accelerator program that helps entrepreneurs succeed through mentorship and access to capital.
Through a partnership with the Blackstone Charitable Foundation, LaunchPad students have access to training programs by Future Founders, including LaunchPad Fellowship programs.
The LaunchPad also serves as homebase for a number of registered student organizations (RSOs), including QuantumCuse, CuseBlockchain/CryptoCuse, and TEDx Syracuse.