To celebrate National Entrepreneur’s Week, we are gearing up for competition season at the Blackstone LaunchPad at SU Libraries. Bookmark key dates for spring competitions.
Syracuse University Spring Competition Schedule:
November 14, 2022, Applications open for many spring competitions December 2, 2022, First Panasci Business Plan Competition info session
- January 30, 2023, Second Panasci Business Plan Competition info session
- January 31, 2023, Panasci Business Plan Competition expression of interest due
- February 1, 2023, Applications due for the ACC InVenture Prize campus competition. Apply here
- February 1, 2023, Applications due for the Hult Prize campus competition. Apply here
- February 10, 2023, ACC InVenture Prize campus competition
- February 17, 2023, Hult Prize, Syracuse University campus competition
- February 18-19, Panasci Business Plan competition weekend course
- March 15, 2023, Applications due for Raymond von Dran (RvD) iPrize; teams are automatically entered into the Hunter Brooks Watson Spirit of Entrepreneurship Awards. Apply here
- March 24, 2023, RvD iPrize and Hunter Brooks Watson Spirit of Entrepreneurship Awards
- March 26, 2023, Applications due for the Panasci Business Plan Competition Apply here
- March 31, 2023, New York State Business Plan CNY regional qualifier Apply here
- April 5, 2023, Applications due for Intelligence ++ Competition.
- April 14, 2023, Panasci Business Plan Competition, Whitman School of Management
- April 21, 2023, Intelligence ++ Competition
- April 27, 2023, New York Business Plan Competition – Venture NY, statewide event held in downtown Syracuse
Keep checking the LaunchPad website for information about all of these events.
About the competitions:
- ACC In Venture Prize: Sponsored by the LaunchPad on behalf of Syracuse University and open to all undergraduate students or recent graduates within one year of graduation from their undergraduate program. The prize competition pits top inventors and innovators of the ACC network against each other at a PBS-televised event. It features a $30,000 prize package for the top ACC Conference winners at the finals at FSU. Click here to apply
- Raymond von Dran (RvD) iPrize: Open to all graduate and undergraduate students working on venture ideas for products, services, technologies, and social impact ventures. Sponsored by the iSchool, the competition typically features a prize package of more than $40,000. Click here to apply
- Hunter Brooks Watson Spirit of Entrepreneurship Awards: Open to undergraduate and graduate students at Syracuse competing in the iPrize, the competition features a prize package of $10,000 from the Hunter Brooks Watson Memorial Fund (Hunter’s Fund) in memory of Hunter Brooks Watson, a Syracuse University iSchool student who passed away in a 2016 distracted driving accident. This competition is concurrent with the RvD iPrize.
- Compete CNY and New York Business Plan Competition: Open to all undergraduate and graduate students at New York State Universities. Click here to apply
- Panasci Business Plan Competition: Sponsored by the Martin J. Whitman School of Management and open to all graduate and undergraduate students, typically with a prize package of more than $40,000. Click here to apply
- Intelligence ++ Competition: Supported by a generous gift to SU Libraries by Gianfranco Zaccai ’70 H’09 and the Zaccai Foundation for Augmented Intelligence (Intelligence++), this challenge is focused on inclusive entrepreneurship and design. It is open to all undergraduate and graduate students from all disciplines, working on proposals for products, services or technologies that address problems or create new opportunities for individuals with intellectual disabilities and their families. It is offered through a partnership between the LaunchPad, the Taishoff Center for Inclusive Higher Education (InclusiveU) and the College of Visual and Performing Arts (VPA). The LaunchPad team at SU Libraries is available to assist teams interested in competing. To schedule a meeting to discuss your idea, get matched with a peer mentor, or participate in pitch workshops, please e-mail LaunchPad@syr.edu