The Blackstone Charitable Foundation will announce the winners of the global network LaunchPad Ideas Competition this week. Syracuse University startups made it to the network round and the chance to compete for $10,000 in competition winnings to take their ideas to the next stage.
The Ideas Competition, which was open this fall semester to all 46 colleges that are part of the Blackstone Charitable Foundation’s global network, supports the goals of de-risking entrepreneurship, broadening accessibility, and diversifying engagement with a focus on recruiting underrepresented and under-resourced students to participate.
The competition included four tracks:
- Social and Climate Impact: sustainability, education, human rights, poverty alleviation, racial and social justice, etc.
- Health & Life Sciences: biotech, health & medical science, healthcare
- Consumer Products & Services
Winners will also have the opportunity to be eligible to compete on the national stage at Startup Grind in Redwood City, CA on February 29, 2022.
The Blackstone Charitable Foundation’s LaunchPad network has three goals:
- Complement existing on-campus offerings with curated content and resources to deliver experiential learning and entrepreneurship skill-building.
- Catalyze students and their ventures through connections to mentors and professional development opportunities.
- Convene students and staff at global events leveraging our industry-leading brands and global networks.