The Blackstone LaunchPad & Techstars global network invites you to apply by September 30 for U.PITCH, a prestigious national elevator pitch competition where top collegiate founders showcase business ideas to accomplished entrepreneurs and investors. The U.Pitch Competition presents students with a great opportunity to pitch their business ideas to a panel of judges for a chance to win recognition and a portion of a $10,000 prize pool. Applications are due by September 30.
U.Pitch is an elevator pitch competition. An elevator pitch is a quick description of your business and/or idea in the time it would take to ride up an elevator. Presenting yourself effectively is an essential tool in the business arena. A well-planned elevator pitch can open the doors to success in your future endeavors. Ideas may be at any stage of development from creation of concepts or ideas to an established business.
Consult the Contestant Handbook for full details regarding dates and eligibility. Highlights:
- Applicants must be one of the following:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- A recent graduate of an undergraduate or graduate program (within six months or less)
- A student in transition between school opportunities
- Applicants may compete with either a business idea OR business currently in operation
- Businesses must be headquartered within the United States of America
- Businesses must be for-profit ventures
- Businesses cannot have raised more than $1M in capital prior to applying
- Cannabis-related businesses are not eligible to apply
- One applicant per business may apply; the pitch video should show the presenter pitching the idea or business; the presenter should have a founder/co-founder role within the business
- The application should take about 10 minutes to complete. Before applying, make sure you have a YouTube or Vimeo link to your 90 second elevator pitch. You can save your application information by clicking the “Save and Continue Later” button at the bottom of the application page.
- For advice on how to submit an application check out these 8 Tips for a World Class Pitch Competition Application.