Are you interested in pursuing a career track with a company that is an innovation leader? Need advice on building your resume and expanding your network for success? Join us for “Using entrepreneurial skills to grow your international career” Wednesday, April 6 from 9 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. in the Peter Graham Scholarly Commons, Bird Library. The program features Syracuse University alumni joining us simultaneously from around the globe to offer insights and connections.
Guest hosts are Ze Zeng ’22, founder of Easy-Split, director of WeMedia Lab and LaunchPad Todd B. Rubin Diversity and Inclusion Scholar, and YongZhang (Lawrence) Lin ’18, China Netcasting Service Association, Open Voice, co-founder of China Youth Polo, former LaunchPad Global Fellow, and serial student entrepreneur. Zeng and Lin coordinated the program for the LaunchPad.
Featured speakers include Xinye (Cindy) Zou ’17, an influencer, media entrepreneur and blogger with one million followers who is now a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Cambridge, and Camia Gui ’14, Account Director, Activation Group (China).
Following brief presentations, attendees will break up in small groups and join Syracuse University alumni who excel in their respective fields. Panel discussions in breakout rooms will be an opportunity to meet with speakers in small groups to gain their insight on how to utilize entrepreneurial skills to grow their careers.
- Amos Cohen ’20, Product Manager at Deloitte Digital, former LaunchPad Pad Global Fellow (Israel)
- Saniya More ’19, Content Strategy Lead at Flux, and founder of SU Globalists (Mumbai)
- Quentin Rosso ‘18, Co-founder and CTO, Gamercraft, investor, TEDx speaker, former LaunchPad Global Fellow and serial student entrepreneur (Paris)
- Jose Javier Garcia-Rovira ’19, Co-founder and CEO, Gamercraft, former LaunchPad Global Fellow and serial student entrepreneur (Venezuela)
- Camia Gui ’14, Account Director, Activation Group (China)
- Mengke Liang ’10, Senior Manager, PWC (China)
- Michael Meng ‘17, Senior Consultant, IBM (China)
This event will give students the opportunity to participate in small group conversations with these innovation leaders and receive advice on how to position themselves for innovation careers with top companies and dynamic startups around the globe.
The event is co-hosted by the Blackstone LaunchPad and WeMedia Lab, an official new media team affiliate with the Media Department of Syracuse University. Students from various schools and colleges help to push and maintain daily content on Syracuse University’s official WeChat and Weibo accounts.
The workshop is primarily for international students but is open to anyone interested in pursuing a career with an innovation company. The free event will feature both American and Cantonese refreshments.
The event is in person, but participants are also welcome to join by Zoom: https://syracuseuniversity.zoom.us/j/91056615229
Please use this link to RSVP to assist with planning: https://bit.ly/innovation-careers