VentureWell invites student teams with a novel, scalable solution to a large social, health, or environmental challenge to submit a short qualification stage application by the December 15 deadline as a first step applying to the VentureWell E-Team Grant Program. Visit the E-Team Grant Program page to learn how teams can unlock up to $25,000 in catalytic funding along with the entrepreneurship training they need to move their innovation out of the lab and into the market.
Teams with promising inventions that are a good fit for the program will receive:
- An invitation to apply to Stage 1 of the program
- Personalized feedback on their application that will help them strengthen their Stage 1 submission
- Access to an application support webinar to help them navigate the administrative steps of applying
VentureWell supports the development of science/engineering-based innovations that are scalable, commercially promising, and have a positive impact on the world. Your innovation is a fit if:
- It is a science/engineering-based invention that is different from other competing technologies
- It addresses a large social, environmental, or economic problem
- Your team is committed to commercializing your innovation
Examples of the types of engineered, physical products VentureWell funds include:
- Biomedical devices, health care diagnostics, and/or global health technologies
- Clean technologies related to renewable energy, energy storage, agriculture, or water
- Green chemistry and sustainable materials
- Technologies for low-resource settings (US and/or internationally) that address poverty and basic human needs such as affordable energy, clean water, sanitation, health and medical devices, agriculture, and other income-generating tools
Other compelling technologies beyond those listed above that meet the program criteria will also be considered if there is a strong and logical description of the product’s social or environmental impact.
All applications must be submitted via VentureWell’s online proposal system. The first step in the application process is to sign up for a VentureWell account, which you can obtain in a few simple steps. To access an existing account or to create a new one, click here.
The full Stage 1 application deadline is February 2, 2022.