A powerful new Blackstone LaunchPad powered by Techstars partnership was announced in early September by the Blackstone Charitable Foundation and Techstars. Open to all faculty, staff, students and alumni, across all majors, the campus-based Blackstone LaunchPad powered by Techstars program enables participants to access mentoring, grow their network, and take advantage of new resources to accelerate the success of their business.
The Blackstone LaunchPad powered by Techstars program was developed as part of the Blackstone Charitable Foundation’s Entrepreneurship Initiative, and is supported by Techstars, the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Built on a platform of entrepreneurship, Blackstone and Techstars believe strongly in investing in new enterprises that have the potential to stimulate economic opportunity and deliver enduring value.
The goals of the partnership are to:
- Help transform student ideas into thriving enterprises
- Cultivate entrepreneurship and ignite job growth
- Develop and support innovative programs with the potential to create high-growth businesses
- Support entrepreneurial ecosystems
- Help students succeed
What is new about this partnership? Access to new resources to accelerate startup success:
- Access Techstars, the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed with more than 10,000 mentors, world-renowned content, resources, perks and startup services.
- Leverage Blackstone, the world’s leading alternative asset manager’s valuable expertise and guidance.
- Participate with, and tap into, a growing global network of Blackstone LaunchPad powered by Techstars experts at campuses around the world.
- Attend exclusive events with enjoy access to exclusive opportunities.
- Learn the entrepreneurial skills and knowledge needed to make your idea real.
- Access investors and financing to help grow your business.
- Access proven methods for business development, customer acquisition, and recruitment
- Grow your leadership, collaboration and communication skills.
- Find startup opportunities and increase your employability.
Blackstone LaunchPad powered by Techstars Training Camp
November 8 – 9, 2018 in New York City
Syracuse University student entrepreneurs will be invited to compete to attend a fall Blackstone LaunchPad powered by Techstars Training Camp, November 8 – 9, 2018. The two-day global gathering in New York City will bring together top student teams from the 20 Blackstone LaunchPad campuses around the globe, along with the program managers, directors and mentors from across the entire Techstars network. The high-energy event will feature Mentor Madness, interactive workshops with Techstars content, networking receptions and a culminating event with high profile judges and keynote speaker.
Techstars is a leading global startup accelerator and investment program supporting over 1,500 companies with more than $5 billion in total funding. Through the Techstars Worldwide Entrepreneur Network, founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders and corporations to grow their companies. Techstars operates four divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs, Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships and the Techstars Venture Capital Fund.
Three Syracuse University teams will be invited to attend the Training Camp, all-expense paid, and compete against teams from across the Blackstone network for a spot in a new Blackstone LaunchPad powered by Techstars accelerator cohort/sprint program with up to 10 ventures from around the world. Want to know more? Follow us on social media or e-mail us to subscribe for updates in our weekly e-mail newsletter, “Startup Thinking.”
#LaunchPadSYR @LaunchPadSYR #BlackstoneEI #techstars