Four Syracuse University student startups and one alum team have gone through Techstars accelerators to build impressive success stories. Could you be next? If you are a disciplined and driven startup, chat with the Syracuse LaunchPad about Techstars and explore accelerators now accepting applications.
Techstars accelerators have one goal: To help entrepreneurs succeed. During the immersive three-month accelerator programs, Techstars surrounds companies with the best mentors and an unrivaled network investors, corporate partners and alumni founders. It provides early stage startups with:
- Access to financial, human, and intellectual capital to fuel the success of their business
- Lifetime access to the Techstars worldwide network
- Access to over $400k of cash equivalent hosting, accounting, and legal support—plus other perks worth more than $5M
- Demo Day exposure and investor connections. Historically, on average, Techstars companies go on to raise more than $2M of outside capital after the program
Techstars is a proven model that’s helped build thousands of successful companies, all over the world.
Interested in joining a three-month accelerator to gain funding, mentorship, and access to the Techstars network for life? Applications open six times a year, and stay open typically for 12 weeks. The next round is now opening.
After applications close, Techstars will review applications for about seven weeks, and spend time getting to know even more about your team, market, progress and idea. The goal is to notify the final group of companies being accepted within eight weeks from the application closing date.
Many programs are now running virtually, some are hybrid and others are in person.
Before you apply, be sure to chat with the LaunchPad team in Bird Library for advice on what makes for a successful Techstars candidate and for assistance with an application.
Syracuse student students who have gone through a Techstars program include:
- Josh Aviv, Techstars Boston
- AJ Damiano and Michael Paris, Techstars Atlanta
- Kelsey Davis and Brendan O’Keeffe, Techstars LA
- Shawn Gaetano, Techstars LA Music
Syracuse alum Sandra Appiah Babu-Boateng recently completed Techstars Boston