Take your startup to the next level and apply to GENIUS NY. The competition is seeking startups from around the world in unmanned systems, the Internet of Things (IoT), AI, big data and robotics and related subsets of those industry clusters. Five finalists will be selected to receive $3 million in funding, including a $1 million grand prize, as well as the tools they need for success, including stipends, incubator space, resources, programming, advisors and connections. First step is to start the initial application which takes about 2 minutes. Join an info session and live chat on March 3 to learn more. Full applications close March 31, 2021.
GENIUS NY is funded by Empire State Development and run out of The Tech Garden incubator in Syracuse, New York.
To learn more visit, www.geniusny.com.
- Businesses must be a startup or an existing business with less than $500,000 per year in revenue.
- Businesses must be seeking outside equity capital.
- Business focus must be in the broader categories of:
- Unmanned systems, IoT, big data, robotics, AI
- Willingness to operate under the Terms and Conditions set forth by GENIUS NY.
- Willing to commit to living on a full time basis in Central New York for one-year acceleration period.
- Able to speak or communicate in English.
- Able to travel to the United States with proper travel/work visa (GENIUS NY has no involvement or responsibility in securing participation entry documentation.
- Applications open January 5, 2021 and close March 31, 2021
- Semi-Finalists Announced – Late April 2021
- Finalists Announced – Early May 2021
- Expected Start – June 2021
- Expected Pitch/Award Night – Late August 2021
- Program Concludes – May 2022
- Clarity of business – we should be able to understand what this business is.
- Viability - is there a market and a way to monetize.
- Principal/Team participants – we want to know if the proposed team can make it.
- Scalability – can your business scale and attract additional investment.
- A true entrepreneurial startup – no Pizza Chains please.
- A commitment to live and work in Central New York for the duration of the accelerator
The year-long, in-residence accelerator program is operated out of CenterState CEO’s Tech Garden in downtown Syracuse. Learn more an apply at www.geniusny.com