We are pleased to announce that student startups affiliated with Syracuse University’s Blackstone LaunchPad are eligible for the following AWS Activate Portfolio benefits:
- Cloud credits: Build, grow, and scale with up to $5000 in free AWS Cloud credits valid for 2 years.
- Business support: Receive 1 year of AWS Business Support (up to $1500) for 24/7 access to technical support and architectural guidance from AWS Cloud support engineers as you build and test.
- Exclusive content & offers: Take advantage of discounts, free products, recommended content, and a library of AWS services and tools through a personalized AWS Activate console.
To apply, use the link and a case-sensitive Organization ID (OrgID) code. This OrgID is a unique identifier that affiliates you with Syracuse University and should not be shared.
Application link: https://console.aws.amazon.com/activate/home/#/apply/portfolio
E-mail LaunchPad@syr.edu to receive the unique OrgID access code.
Before you submit an application
- Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria under “Activate Portfolio Requirements.”
- Make sure you have a company website that’s live or public startup profile (note: staging websites won’t be accepted).
- When you click the application link, you will be prompted to sign into your AWS account. Make sure to log in to the AWS account where you would like to receive credits, as you won’t be able to transfer credits to another account in the future. If you do not have an AWS account yet, you can open one for free here.
- Review whether the email address on your Activate application matches the one used to set up your AWS account. If you originally used a personal email for set up, we recommend changing the associated email with your account to a company email address.
It takes 7-10 business days on average for us to process an application after submission. For more information about the application process, credits, and program benefits, check out the AWS Activate FAQ.