SparkCharge founder, Josh Aviv, is gearing up for FuzeHub’s 2017 Commercialization Competition, a showcase for New York’s innovative entrepreneurs to pitch their ideas in person before a live audience.
Up to five companies will be awarded up to $50,000 each at the event, November 15-16 in Albany, NY.
Finalists span a wide variety of industries, including Clean-Tech, IT, Semiconductor, Bio/Life Sciences and Energy. They include:
• Anavio Therapeutics Inc., Cardioverter/Deﬁbrillator
• ecoLong LLC, Sky Imager-Radiometer
• Ferric Contrast Inc., Non-Toxic MRI Contrast Agents
• Good People Energy Technologies Inc., Fix to NY’s Small Fan Problem
• Leviathan Energy LLC, Commercialization of Miniaturized Flow Turbines
• LiftPoint Co., Robotic Vehicle Lift
• Mission Drives Corp., Revolutionary Variable Speed Drive
• NanoHydroChem LLC, Boron Nanoparticles
• Potsdam Sensors LLC, Air Quality Sensor
• Praxis Biotechnology Inc., Cream to treat Rosacea
• SparkCharge, Portable Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
• Speech Cradle LLC, Speech Cradle Baby Bottle
• Sunny Clean Water LLC, Highly Evaporative Material for Accelerated Solar Salt Mining
• Synstainable Energy Systems LLC, Waste to Energy Rotary Gasifier
• Triton Ceramics LLC, Water Filters for Bacteria Remediation
• Verdimine LLC, Green Chemistry
• Zero Valent NanoMetals Inc, Low Temperature Metallic Inks for Printed Electronics, Displays and 3D Additive Metal Manufacturing
FuzeHub 2017 brings together leading entrepreneurs, executives and investors working to bring breakthrough technology to market.
Beyond the competition, the event features product commercialization success stories, high-impact networking with renowned industry professionals and entrepreneurs, a panel on how to raise venture capital, and a resource showcase.
FuzeHub, is a nonprofit organization that assists small to medium manufacturing companies by matching them with technical and business resources. It is an Empire State Development (ESD) designated statewide Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP), and works with innovation organizations across the state to help ensure that New York State companies receive world-class technical expertise.
Josh Aviv, co-founder and CEO of SparkCharge, won grand prize at the Blackstone/Techstars global venture pitch competition in New York City on October 18. He was also the grand prizewinner in the 2017 New York State Business Plan Competition.
Aviv received early and continued support at Syracuse University from faculty in the iSchool’s minor in Information Technology, Design, and Startups, and from the professional mentors in the Syracuse Student Sandbox. He has made full use of the services of the Blackstone LaunchPad in Bird Library since it opened last year, and now serves as entrepreneur in residence for the Couri Hatchery in the Falcone Center, Whitman School of Management. His research and development offices are located at the Syracuse Center of Excellence.
Aviv holds two degrees from Syracuse University, a master’s degree in information management from the School of Information Studies (2017) and a bachelor’s degree in economics from the Maxwell School (2015).
Learn more about the FuzeHub competition at: https://fuzehub.com/competition/