We are pleased to share upcoming student grant opportunities and deadlines from our colleagues at the Syracuse Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Engagement (The SOURCE). Located in Bird Library, the SOURCE is now accepting applications for undergraduate scholarship and creative inquiry culminating in funded research and creative projects. Key dates are February 17 for required “intent to apply” and March 3 for final applications. Learn more here.
SOURCE & Honors Program Grants
Faculty-mentored independent project funding for undergraduate students. Graduating Seniors are not eligible to apply for funding in the spring cycle. Timeline and budget may include:
- Summer 2022 only (up to $3000)
- Academic Year 2022-23 (up to $5000)
- Summer 2022 + Academic Year 2022-23 (up to $4500 for AY + up to $3000 for Summer)
- February 17 – Required “Intent to Apply” form due
- March 3 – Complete application due (including mentor recommendation)
Support research dissemination; funding for national conference travel or participation, peer-reviewed publication costs, or IRB-approved participant compensation (up to $1000).
- Rolling basis – Applications accepted until May 1st
Opportunity to present a research or creative project at a funded in-person undergraduate conference with students from all ACC universities, hosted by the University of Virginia, April 1-3, 2022.
- January 21 – Student application due (mentor recommendation due 1/26)
CFSA-SOURCE Young Research Fellows Program
First-year students apply to be part of a small, dynamic cohort of students committed to research. Guided by a faculty mentor, students engage in two years of group mentoring in early research and creative inquiry development and have access to up to $7,000 in funding toward research expenses.
- March 31 – Complete application due (including mentor recommendation)