The Blackstone LaunchPad partnership gives students the hard skills to take ideas from concept to commercialization, and the soft skills they need to become innovators and trailblazers in an entrepreneurial world.
The goal of the program is to help innovators succeed, and become the next generation of leaders.
From our launch in April 2016, we've seen more than 6,000 program participants who are faculty, staff, students and alumni innovators with more than 2,000 startup ideas. LaunchPad ventures have raised more than $125 M in investments, with $4M won in competitions. Our ventures span 134 countries, with over 200 incorporated businesses. We're proud of our 50/50 female to male ratio in the LaunchPad, and support all who join.
LaunchPad ventures introduce products across all sectors – from cleantech to medtech, IT/software/SaaS, fintech and business services, digital media, entertainment, consumer electronics, AR and VR, the Internet of Things, AI, blockchain, fashion, food, and across all creative industries including film, animation and video, publishing, music, and content creation.
Syracuse University Blackstone LaunchPad quick stats as of December 2022:
- The LaunchPad doubled in size since opening in April 2016 due to demand.
- The LaunchPad has served more than 6,000 program participants who are faculty, staff, students and alumni innovators.
- LaunchPad participants come from every academic unit across campus.
- LaunchPad ventures come from 134 countries.
- LaunchPad ventures have worked on more than 2,000 venture ideas.
- More than 200 LaunchPad ventures have legally incorporated.
- Four LaunchPad ventures have already been acquired.
- LaunchPad ventures have raised over $125 million in external investments.
- LaunchPad ventures have won more than $4 million in business plan competitions.
- 50% of LaunchPad ventures are led by women in a CEO or other C-Suite role.
- LaunchPad ventures have filed 60 provisional patents, 12 nonprovisional patents and been granted three patents.
- LaunchPad alumni are quickly hired by the world’s leading innovation companies because of their unique skill sets and experiences.