The Blackstone LaunchPad at Bird Library is proud to join library partnerships, educational institutions, and schools around the country for National Entrepreneurship Week 2018, the annual Congressionally-chartered week dedicated to showcasing and supporting entrepreneurship throughout the United States.
You can create a #TwitterStorm for #NatlEshipWeek by tweeting, posting and tagging #WeAreEntrepreneurs @LaunchPadSYR @SULib
Innovation and entrepreneurship are at the heart of Syracuse University, and we are proud that Syracuse University has located its center for entrepreneurship at the center of academic life — in Bird Library.
National Entrepreneurship Week 2018 has a theme, and libraries of all types around the country are participating in it. Bird Library is one of only a few collegiate libraries with an entrepreneurship service center located in the library – a reason to celebrate our culture of innovation, invention and creativity.
Join us to amplify that message across the country during #NatlEshipWeek in #libraries and help more entrepreneurs, innovators, and starters connect with their librarians.
Activities scheduled this week by EntreEd (founder of National Entrepreneurship Week) include webinars:
- Monday, February 19, Entrepreneur Showcase. Join us as the U.S. EDA’s Office of Innovation & Entrepreneurship discusses the importance of entrepreneurs nation-wide.
- Tuesday, February 20, Education Entrepreneurship. National Entrepreneurship Week’s Founder, EntreEd, and their higher ed partner, NACCE, will chat about the importance of entrepreneurship education.
- Wednesday, February 21, Rural Entrepreneurship. The Rural Community Assistance Partnership will be discussing the importance of rural entrepreneurship and how to support rural efforts with national partners.
- Thursday, February 22, Non-profits & Foundations. Join The Michelson 20MM Foundation and the OtterCares foundation as they discuss the importance of nonprofits in building entrepreneurial ecosystems.
- Friday, February 23, Entrepreneurship for Everyone. Join EveryLibrary, a network of over 250,000 libraries nationwide, as they discuss the importance of entrepreneurship in communities nation-wide.
“Libraries across the country are a first-stop for entrepreneurs, starters, and creators who are looking for the business intelligence, skills building, and access to mentor networks they need to take their ideas to the next level,” writes EveryLibrary. “Libraries help drive economic development as incubators for early stage businesses and as accelerators for good ideas into the local market.”
Sign up for the free webinar series this week here: https://www.natleshipweek.org/