Back for the 10th year, Syracuse University students are invited to participate in the MLB College Challenge, an overnight lock-in style hackathon where ideas and wits are tested, teams pitch to MLB executives and alumni, and the winning team heads to NYC. The MLB Challenge makes everyone a winner, with prizes throughout the night, meals, and an opportunity to flex skills and get mentorship from alums and consultants. Registration is open through November 10 for the event on November 14.
The MLB.com College Challenge is an annual iSchool event that challenges students to see if they have what it takes to make it in the Big Leagues. The contest invites current students to tackle real-world problems in the sports-tech industry and pitch their ideas to current MLB.com employees – who are also Syracuse alums.
The event includes dinner at Manley Field House followed by an all-night event where teams work on their product and their pitch. The next evening, teams pitch their creative ideas to a panel of MLB and Syracuse judges at Club 44 in the Carrier Dome.
Students will be able to:
- Apply their coursework to a real business issue (all levels and skill sets welcome)
- Innovate solutions for one of the best website and online media companies in the world
- Develop their professional presentation capabilities
- Receive feedback from a distinguished panel of sports media and technology professionals
- Network with and showcase their talents to a prospective employer, current faculty, iSchool staff and other like-minded students
Register your team now through November 10 at midnight.