Kauffman Fellows and Techstars are now accepting enrollment for Venture Deals, a free fast-paced on-learning experience to help you understand the fundamentals of raising capital. Enroll now for Venture Deals Spring 2022 which will begin on March 22. The course is based on the book Venture Deals, written by Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson, and to be a self-paced, “learn-by-doing” online course taught by diverse investors who provide real and raw advice, knowledge, and insight to raising venture capital. Participants will learn the fundamentals of VC transactions, how to engage with investors, negotiating strategies, and much more.
Kauffman Fellows and Techstars have been running this free course together for 10 years now, and the re-launch this spring is especially exciting as it’s been shot with entirely new footage and features Brad Feld and Nicole Glaros of Techstars along with several Kauffman Fellows as course instructors:
- Miriam Rivera (KF Class 15), CEO, Co-Founder, and Managing Director at Ulu Ventures
- Jeff Harbach (KF Class 16), President & CEO, Kauffman Fellows
- Elliott Robinson (KF Class 22), Partner, Growth Equity at Bessemer
- Jaclyn Hester (KF Class 25), Partner at Foundry Group
“We’re real investors who have thought hard about this, who are very focused on fundamentally demystifying the entire deal process,” says Brad Feld, Co-Founder of Techstars and Managing Director of Foundry Group.
Whether you’re interested in entering the VC ecosystem or if you’re an entrepreneur looking for insight into the fundraising process and investor perspective, this course has you covered. It’s broken up into five key sections, two of which are a brand-new additions to the original course. In this re-booted course, participants will learn about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Venture Capital and Mental Wellness Strategies during the fundraising journey.
– People Within the Venture Ecosystem
– Investor Engagement and Best Practices
Preparing to Fundraise
– Fundraising Options
– Inside a Venture Capital Fund
– Cap Tables
– Term Sheet Overview and Economics
– Term Sheet — Control Provisions
– Term Sheets — Other Terms
– Negotiating the Deal
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Venture Capital
Mental Wellness in Entrepreneurship