The deadline to apply for the Rice Business Plan Competition (RBPC) is Monday, January 31 at midnight (CST). More than $1.5 million in prizes is expected to be awarded this year and each startup team that competes is guaranteed to take home cash. In addition, teams receive mentoring, advice, and access to a network of investors. Past RBPC alumni have raised more than $3.5 billion in funding, and four RBPC alumni have gone public at initial valuations over $1 billion. The competition will take place on Thursday-Saturday, April 7-9, 2022, in person at Rice University in Houston in front of over 250 investors and judges.
You are eligible to apply is your team:
- is student-driven, student-created and/or student-managed
- has at least two current student founders or management team members, and at least one of those students is a current graduate degree-seeking student
- are from a college or university anywhere in the world
- has not raised more than $250,000 in equity capital prior to July 1, 2021
- has not generated revenue of more than $100,000 in any 12-month period prior to July 1, 2021
- is seeking funding or capital (or will be in the next 12 months)
- is a potentially viable investment opportunity
If you are a student startup and interested in applying, learn more and submit an executive summary along with answering a short questionnaire by Monday, January 31: www.rbpc.rice.edu.
We hope to see a Syracuse University startup in the 2022 Rice Business Plan Competition!