The Syracuse University Blackstone LaunchPad is pleased to welcome Karla Lellis ’25, Doctor of Judicial Science (S.J.D) at the College of Law, as an Innovator-in-Residence. Karla will offer seven office hours on Fridays starting September 8 through December 1, 2023 at 1 p.m. in the LaunchPad in Bird Library.
Data Privacy Office Hours Schedule
- September 8, 2023, from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- September 22, 2023, from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- October 6, 2023, from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- October 20, 2023, from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- October 27, 2023, from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- November 17, 2023, from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- December 1, 2023, from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Karla has been an active member of the LaunchPad. Her office hours will provide startups with a foundational understanding of data protection principles, regulations, and best practices for small and medium-sized companies (SBS). in New York.
Karla Lellis is a Brazilian lawyer and professor specializing in Compliance, Data Privacy, and Cybersecurity, with a strong passion for technology. She is dedicated to assisting companies and individuals in implementing effective data protection measures to safeguard their privacy. Her Compliance and Technology Law expertise has guided organizations in meeting regulatory requirements and ensuring ethical practices. As a Data Privacy Advocate, she offers risk management advice on cybersecurity implications.
Her professional philosophy revolves around empowering individuals and organizations to embrace data protection as a fundamental right. As Innovator-in-Residence, she has developed the “DataSafe for Startups” workshop series to bridge the gap between data privacy regulations and emerging businesses, which is focused on equipping startups with the necessary tools to implement comprehensive privacy strategies. Learn more.
“DataSafe for Startups” Schedule
- Data Protection Policies for Startups on September 25, 2023, from 2:00 p.m. Register here
- Responding to Data Incidents in Small Business on October 2, 2023, from 2:00 p.m. Register here
- Data Protection Policies for Startups on October 23, 2023, from 2:00 p.m. Register here
- Responding to Data Incidents in Small Business on October 30, 2023, from 2:00 p.m. Register here
All students, staff, and faculty are welcome to stop by and ask questions or just say “Hello!”