A new episode in the popular “Commute to Class” LaunchPad podcast series by LaunchPad Global Fellow Patrick Linehan ’21 (Newhouse) has just dropped. This week’s podcast is Failing Up with Steve VonDeak, a 2008 graduate of the Syracuse University College of Law who is the LaunchPad’s Alumni Entrepreneur in Residence. He is co-founder and chief of staff at Density, a high-tech company that uses powerful sensors, combined with state-of-the-art depth data, computer vision, and deep learning to measure space density in real-time. Founded in 2014 in The Tech Garden, Density now has offices in San Francisco, New York City, and Syracuse. The venture has closed on more than $90 million in external funding.
In this episode Linehan and Von Deak discuss bouncing back from failure, balancing family responsibilities, and saying no.
Weekly episodes of The Commute to Class feature 12–15-minute interviews hosted by Linehan with Syracuse University LaunchPad alumni who have gone on to create successful ventures or join innovation teams at leading companies.
Catch the entire series here, on Apple, or wherever podcasts are distributed.
The first seven episodes are now available and feature:
- Starting Up with Linda Dickerson Hartsock, executive director of the Blackstone LaunchPad & Techstars
- Building Community with Dylan Kim ’18 (Whitman), co-founder of Brevité
- Stepping Out with Julia Haber ’18 (Newhouse), founder of WAYV and Home From College
- Burning Out with Kelsey Davis ’19 (Newhouse) G’20 (Whitman), founder of CLLCTVE
- Jumping Out with Jose Javier Garcia-Rovira ’19 (Whitman) and Quentin Rosso ’18 (Whitman), co-founders of Gamercraft
- Defeating Gremlins with Kayla Simon ’19 (Engineering and Computer Science), co-founder of InSpire
- Failing Up with Steven VonDeak ’08 (College of Law), co-founder of Density
Learn more about the entire series here: https://anchor.fm/blackstone-launchpad