The Syracuse University Entrepreneurship Roundtable — a cross-disciplinary team who are the foundation of the SU innovation ecosystem, are pleased to present, “Ideas Over Ice,” Wednesday, February 20, 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., second floor of the Goldstein Alumni and Faculty Center. The free event will be a lively and informal faculty fest to showcase innovation in teaching, research, commercialization, and venture creation. Faculty are invited to give mini-TED style five-minute talks over hors d’oeuvres, wine/beer and non-alcoholic libations, and share how they are infusing innovation into their work. It’s an opportunity to meet other like-minded innovators and creatives, and learn from each other, and build our collective knowledge base. Apply to pitch here: https://bit.ly/ideas_over_ice.
All are invited to attend and enjoy hearing about big topics our colleagues across campus are working on – from science, to tech, design, arts, humanities, media, health, nutrition, human performance, and more. Syracuse is a campus brimming with experts and innovators.
- What research frontiers are you exploring?
- What are some innovations you are bringing to the classroom?
- Are you working on solving a big problem that has potential to be commercialized?
- Do you have a passion project that is making a difference?
- Are you engaged in a community venture that is tackling a compelling challenge?
- Do you have an entrepreneurial side gig?
- Have you stumbled upon an Eureka and just want to get some feedback?
- Is there a big challenge that wakes you up in the middle of the night, that you’re obsessed with solving?
We want to hear about these. Share ideas and comraderie! Co-organized with E-Table members Rebecca Kelly and Louise Manfredi, with support from the Blackstone LaunchPad at Bird Library.
Please RSVP to LaunchPad@syr.edu to help plan for food and beverages — especially as we hope to take over the second floor of the Goldstein Center for the event!