Applications are now open through October 20 for The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA), the premier global competition for students who own and operate a business while attending college or university. Nominees compete against their peers from around the world in a series of regional competitions in hopes to qualify for GSEA Finals. Past Syracuse University LaunchPad students were GSEA winners of significant cash prizes, and advanced to the nationals.
“GSEA was an incredible opportunity,” said previous winner Quin King ’20, Syracuse VPA, Industrial and Interaction Design, and now a LaunchPad mentor. “The U.S. – Western NY competition organizers were incredibly helpful to us throughout the competition, and really helped get us ready for the regionals and nationals. I can’t say enough good things about the experience of meeting seasoned entrepreneurs from the EO network, and the amazing opportunity to be part of such a prestigious global competition.”
Apply here and be sure to specify the U.S. – Western NY region: https://www.gsea.org/APPLY
The regional competition live finals will November 11, 2021, at 6:00 pm in Buffalo.
The LaunchPad team can help you prepare for the competition, which works like this:
- Step One: You must be an undergraduate or graduate college/university student (see qualifications below)
- Step Two: Apply and compete in a regional competition. Syracuse University participates in the U.S. — Western NY region, so be sure to select that as your region
- Step Three: Three teams will be selected to participate in a regional competition and a chance to advance to the national competition
- Step Four: Win a national competition and advance to the GSEA Finals with 50 of the world’s best student entrepreneurs
- Step Five: Win the global award, become the EO GSEA Student Champion and receive a major cash prize, worldwide recognition and accolades
With more than 1,700 competitors from over 30 countries each year, GSEA is an exclusive opportunity for student entrepreneurs to make connections, find resources, and grow their businesses. It is sponsored by The Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO), a global business network of 13,000+ leading entrepreneurs in 160 global chapters. EO offers resources in the form of global events, leadership-development programs, peer-to-peer learning, an online entrepreneur forum, executive education opportunities, and connections to experts. The EO Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) are a catalyst that inspires students and young entrepreneurs to start, grow and make their entrepreneurial ventures thrive.
Competition details and eligibility here:
- Starts regionally and ends globally – a chance to compete through our local competition to win your shot at going head-to-head against the best student entrepreneurs in the world at the GSEA Global Finals.
- Each regional finalist will be “adopted” by a team of local successful entrepreneurs who will coach and mentor them through the local competition.
- Compete for $5,000 in regional prizes and the opportunity for national prizes, and $100,000 in global prizes. Travel and lodging expenses will be paid by the EO GSEA Paid for the regional winner to compete at the US Nationals in spring of 2022 at a location to be determined (possibly virtual).
- All travel and lodging expenses will be paid for one US Nationals finalist to compete at the global finals in summer of 2022 at a location to be determined (possibly virtual).
WANT TO COMPETE? You must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a recognized college or university, own a business that has been operational for a minimum of six consecutive months, have at least $500 in revenue or have $1,000 in investment/funding and be principally responsible for the operation of the company at the time of application.
Questions? Email our regional EO GSEA connector:
William T. Palisano, CISSP, President, Lincoln Archives, Inc. / LACyber
https://www.gsea.org/APPLY Application Deadline: October 20, 2021
Scroll down to Western New York Competition
National Geographic & Disney+ Documentary on this competition in 2020/2021 – Clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS1n2UDqYzU