If you’re missing campus and want to keep your creative juices flowing this summer we have a solution. The LaunchPad is offering its first ever free virtual Summer Startup accelerator program to keep you connected to campus and be part of the innovation community. From June 15 through July 20 you can participate in a self-paced virtual accelerator program, culminating in an Innovation Showcase the week of July 27. You’re a perfect candidate if you want to work on a team of like-minded innovators and creatives, meet amazing mentors and explore ideas that solve problems through entrepreneurial solutions. It’s six weeks of fantastic fun, meeting great people, and working on something exciting together.
The program is open to all SU students — whether you have an idea that you want to accelerate, or wish you had one and want to work on a high-performance team. Here’s how it works:
- Apply to participate by e-mailing the LaunchPad at LaunchPad@syr.edu
- If you are working on an idea, tell us what skill sets you are looking for in team members.
- If you don’t have an idea, but want to be part of a team, tell us about your skills sets.
- We’ll help make matches and build great teams.
- Meetup virtually and get to work, learning things that aren’t always taught in classrooms. We’ll guide you through the rest with top notch industry and alumni mentors, and a roadmap to help get you to a showcase project or venture idea.
- Participate in team mentor matchmaking and fun group social events.
- Apply for mini-grants to help jumpstart the best team ideas.
- Pitch your work in an Innovation Showcase to industry experts and investors.
- Get noticed and create a terrific resume building experience.
- Earn a “Summer Startup” certificate of completion that you can promote across social media to celebrate the very cool thing you did this summer.
The program will run side-by-side with a LaunchPad Summer Startup program with Techstars and the LaunchPad at Syracuse University. You’ll also be able to virtually participate in some of that programming as well, getting double impact.
Best of all, the program is self-paced, helping you make it work on your schedule.
Don’t miss this opportunity. Applications will close Friday, June 5. E-mail us now: LaunchPad@syr.edu