Faculty are invited to submit a proposal by March 1 to the 2021 Collaboration for Unprecedented Success and Excellence (CUSE) Grant Program, a program managed by the University’s Office of Research to grow research enterprise, foster interdisciplinary collaborations and enhance University-based scholarship. The program was launched through the $100 million Invest Syracuse initiative to enhance academic excellence.
The CUSE grant program supports faculty research in all disciplines, including basic, translational and applied sciences; social sciences; physical and life sciences; engineering; liberal arts and humanities; and professional studies, as well as creative and other scholarly activities. Priority is given to strategic interdisciplinary initiatives at the University and disciplinary research areas with great potential for extramural funding and institutional recognition.
Five types of grants are available for 2021:
- Seed Grant: Funding is capped at $5,000 per grant. Applications can be individuals or teams.
- Innovative and Interdisciplinary Research Grant: Funding is capped at $30,000 per grant. Applications can be individuals (innovative) or teams (interdisciplinary research).
- Good to Great Grant: Funding is capped at $30,000 per grant. Applications can be individuals or teams.
- Interdisciplinary Seminar Grant: Funding is capped at $10,000. Applications can be individuals or teams.
- COVID-Relief Grant: Funding is capped at $15,000. Applications can be individuals or teams.
The full RFP is available on the Office of Research web site. Applications are now being accepted through Syracuse University’s Applicant Portal: https://syracuse.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1830648.
A general information session will be held via Zoom on Jan. 20. Subject-specific information sessions are also being scheduled; check research.syr.edu for more scheduled events.