Syracuse University is gearing up for the next round of Fulbright applications facilitated through the Center for Fellowship and Scholarship Advising (CFSA). Syracuse University was recently named as one of the top U.S. colleges and universities (doctoral institutions) that produced the most 2020-21 Fulbright U.S. students.
“This distinction was earned by our extraordinary students and alumni, and was facilitated by the University’s commitment to preparing them to be agents of positive change in the world,” says CFSA Director Jolynn Parker. “It is truly a privilege to work with our Fulbright applicants because they have such vision and dedication.”
Register your interest in nationally competitive scholarships and fellowships such as the Fulbright program by completing the CFSA student registration form here.
CFSA helps students pursue many opportunities including:
- The Rhodes Scholarship to study at Oxford
- The Fulbright U.S. Student Program for teaching English or conducting research abroad
- The Goldwater Scholarship to fund outstanding undergraduates in scientific research
- The Udall Scholarship for students of Native American tribal policy and/or environmental issues
- The Schwarzman Scholars Program to study for a master’s degree in international affairs or economics in Beijing
- The National Science Foundation’s Graduate Research Fellowship Program for exemplary graduate students conducting research
Students early in their careers are also eligible for several awards, including the Gilman Scholarship for study abroad, the Fulbright Summer Institutes in the UK, and the Critical Language Scholarship funding cultural and language immersion abroad.
Winners of these prestigious awards receive financial support, extraordinary experience and study opportunities in their fields, networking opportunities, and the honor and recognition that accompany the scholarships.
CFSA staff offers a number of services to its students, including one-on-one advising, interest sessions on specific scholarships, writing workshops for applicants preparing essays, and interview preparation.
For additional information on these opportunities, contact Jolynn Parker, Director, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 315-443-2759.