- This event has passed.
Syracuse LaunchPad IdeaX
September 26, 2020 | 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Have an idea for a potential business, product, or service? Participate in the first annual IdeaX competition, a virtual mini startup “rocket lab” meant to jumpstart new ideas. Your idea can be at the very basic level, with no traction and no details hashed out. The event is built on the idea of jumpstarting ideas and teams. Registration closes September 23rd!
Here is the schedule of events:
- 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. Idea sharing with your peers: Begin the competition on the MeetAway platform being matched randomly with other participants of the IdeaX event. Share your ideas with each other and give each other feedback in this quick, 5-minute interval, networking event. You must participate in this portion to qualify for the competition portion of the event.
- 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. First Round: 90-second elevator pitches: The competition is organized into 2 sessions, with a maximum of 10 competitors per session. On your turn, you will pitch your idea in front of a panel of LaunchPad mentors for 90 seconds. They will then have 2 minutes to ask questions and give feedback.
- 3:00 p.m. – 3:20 p.m. Judges select finalists: The judges will select a winner from each session and the 2 finalists will go on to compete for the prize.
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Finals: The 2 finalists will pitch their idea again for 90-seconds, but this time with a twist that they will find out at 3:20 p.m. The judges will have another 2-minutes for feedback and will select a winner.
The winner of the competition will receive a $500 prize.
Sign up for the event by doing the all three of the following:
- Fill out the Google Form to register
- Register for the MeetAway networking event
- Join our Discord server for the competition portion of the event
For more information, contact Nick Barba at firstname.lastname@example.org.