Syracuse LaunchPad founders Dave Fox ’19 iSchool and Nick Barba ’20 Whitman (co-founders of Smarta) and Sam Hollander ’22 Whitman and Newhouse (founder of FSCL) recently completed the first-ever LaunchPad Fellowship offered by the Blackstone LaunchPad & Techstars network. The program provided tools and content, along with access to experienced founders and mentors. They were selected to be part of a cohort of 10 top teams from across the 32-campus global network for the eight-week program. Read what they accomplished here.
Here are some quick success stats for the LaunchPad Fellowship program:
- 86% said they achieved the goals they originally set at the beginning of the Fellowship, or achieved goals adjusted following a pivot;
- The 10 startup teams conducted more than 385 critical customer discovery interviews;
- 9 teams completed a prototype, MVP, or proof-of-concept, or began product trials;
- 8 teams added co-founders or team members;
- 5 teams created or significantly overhauled their investor deck, based on recommendations from mentors;
- 6 teams reported seed investment or sponsored research agreements totaling more than $150,000;
- 80% of entrepreneurs met regularly with their campus directors, for a total of 247 meetings.
Read the full story here: https://www.techstars.com/newsroom/launchpad-fellowship-student-entrepreneurs-achieve-summer-success-in-8-weeks