Friday, October 4 is the deadline to apply to ‘Cuse Tank, a “Shark-Tank” style pitch event as part of Family Weekend. The event will feature presentations by eight finalist teams to a panel of distinguished parent entrepreneurs. On-line applications close October 4, so submit now for the competition which is open to undergraduate and graduate students from all disciplines. The competition is seeking out student teams who are working on new products, services or technologies, as well as social impact enterprises. $10,000 in cash awards, determined by the judges, will help take venture ideas to the next stage such as prototype, provisional patent, business incorporation, or other business need.
Here are more details:
WHAT: A student pitch competition open to all students, across all disciplines, featuring:
- Innovative new products, services or technologies
- $10,000 in prize awards, as determined by distinguished judges
- Funding to help take ideas to the next stage (i.e., prototype or other business need)
- Feedback to help strengthen business models for major competitions in spring 2020
- Unique business idea competition judged by parents who are innovators and leaders
WHEN: Kick-off event for Family Weekend 2019, Friday, October 18, 2019
- 8:00 a.m. — Informal judge’s breakfast and welcome, judging packet
- 8:30 a.m. –- 8 finalist pitches (five minute pitch and three minute Q&A)
- 10:15 a.m. — Judges deliberate
- 10:45 a.m. — Award ceremony
Read about last year’s competition here: https://news.syr.edu/blog/2018/11/04/cllctve-agency-llc-wins-first-prize-in-cuse-tank-competition/
For more information, visit the Family Weekend website or review the list of frequently asked questions.