The CNY Biotechnology Accelerator is accepting applications for the 5th Annual CNY Biotech Accelerator (CNYBAC) Medical Device Innovation Challenge (MDIC). Five teams will be selected to receive intensive mentorship by quality, regulatory, CEO and other experts throughout the six-month program. Teams may participate virtually or receive free workspace within the CNYBAC Creation Garage with access to shared equipment.
Additional opportunities include:
- Paid stipend for commercialization services through the Syracuse University College of Law Innovation Law Center
- Access to Student Engineering Capstone Design Programs
- FDA Regulatory Guidance
- Expansive Innovation Ecosystem and Networking opportunities
- CNYBAC Concept to Commercialization Virtual Series and Manufacturing Workshop
Applications will be accepted online until April 30: https://www.cnybac.com/medical-device-innovation-challenge-in-the-national-grid-creation-garage/mdic-2020-application/
Are you a researcher working on a biotech, life science or medical device? Consider becoming a portfolio company of the CNYBAC. For virtual tenancy @$50.00/month, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For on-site tenancy, the streamlined process is as follows:
- Our license rate for dry/wet lab space is set at $20/$25 per square foot for the first year. Calculation: (SF * Rate)/12 months = Monthly License Fee.
- Subsequent years are increased by $2.00 per square foot for each additional year (example dry lab year 2 – $22.00; year 3 – $24.00)
- Parking and wireless internet is included in the license fee.
Steps to Apply:
- Tours are available to view vacant space. You may license an entire lab or a partial space per your needs in a Collaboration Lab where clients share occupancy.
- If interested in applying, please email: email@example.com.
- Clients are asked to become a collaborative partner in the CNYBAC to inspire collaboration. You can elect to be a mentor, presenter, or innovation evaluator. The Client Accelerator Agreement provides additional information.
- Upon receipt of your completed application, CNYBAC will provide you with a copy of its standard Client Accelerator Agreement and Handbook for your review.
- Your application and supporting documentation are provided to the CNYBAC Advisory Board for approval. You will be notified if you are accepted into the program within 3-4 days of submission to the Board.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Kathi Durdon, MA, CCRP
CNYBAC Executive Director