The Blackstone LaunchPad powered by Techstars is on a hunt for innovators. We are seeking four talented freshmen and sophomores who are interested in innovation and entrepreneurship for an incredible opportunity. The students selected will spend an expense-paid weekend (courtesy of Blackstone-Techstars) at UCLA, April 26-28, at Techstars Startup Weekend: http://communities.techstars.com/usa/blackstone-launchpad-ca-usa/startup-weekend/14313
Faculty and staff are invited to nominate students by e-mailing their names and contact info to LaunchPad@syr.edu, or students may apply directly here.
Techstars Startup Weekend is run in over 700 cities and 150 countries worldwide each year. The Blackstone LaunchPad powered by Techstars Startup Weekend will be unique in a few ways:
- Exclusive to LaunchPad Students: Attendees must be freshman or sophomores enrolled in a University with a Blackstone LaunchPad entrepreneurship program.
- Multi-Campus: Out of thousands of Startup Weekends, this is THE FIRST multi-campus event to be held in the history of the program
- Event Scale: 4 students from 26 LaunchPad Programs in the US and Ireland will attend
- Techstars-Organized: The event is fully supported and organized by the Blackstone LaunchPad powered by Techstars global network team.
- Follow-on Programming: Students who participate become “Student Entrepreneurs in Residence” and are empowered by Techstars to return to their universities and lead their own Startup Weekend
Four students will be selected to attend the startup weekend (all-expenses paid). These students should meet the following criteria:
- Freshman or Sophomore Status (any major)
- Actively engaged with LaunchPad (have attended at least one event or worked with program staff in an ongoing capacity)
- Enthusiastic about entrepreneurship
- Team player, excited to work in a team environment
- Has potential to continue with a startup idea and serve as an ambassador for the LaunchPad program
- Will be available and excited to assist with orientation activities in the fall semester tied to Techstars Startup Weekend and Blackstone Launchpad
We are accepting applications here: https://bit.ly/2T7gL0C until March 8. Please share this application link, and we will reach out. This is a wonderful opportunity to engage our most innovative rising freshman or sophomores, and connect them with a powerful global network.