This year’s Family Weekend has a special Orange twist, with a “Shark-Tank” style competition featuring idea pitches by student innovators to a panel of distinguished parent entrepreneurs. On-line applications are now open through October 4. The competition is open to undergraduate and graduate students from all disciplines who are working on developing new products, services or technologies. The event is a festive showcase of Syracuse innovators, creatives, inventors and entrepreneurs.
Cash awards determined by the judges will help students take ideas to the next stage (i.e., prototype or other business need). Feedback from successful entrepreneur judges will help strengthen business models for major competitions in spring 2019.
Here are more details:
WHAT: A student pitch competition open to all students, across all disciplines, featuring:
- Innovative new products, services or technologies
- $10,000 in prize awards, as determined by parent judges
- Funding to help take ideas to the next stage (i.e., prototype or other business need)
- Feedback to help strengthen business models for major competitions in spring 2020
- Unique business idea competition judged by parents who are innovators and leaders
WHEN: Kick-off event for Family Weekend 2019, Friday, October 18, 2019
- 8:00 a.m. — Informal judge’s breakfast and welcome, judging packet
- 8:30 a.m. –- 8 finalist pitches (five minute pitch and three minute Q&A)
- 10:15 a.m. — Judges deliberate
- 10:45 a.m. — Award ceremony
Read about last year’s competition here: https://news.syr.edu/blog/2018/11/04/cllctve-agency-llc-wins-first-prize-in-cuse-tank-competition/