The third annual AWS University Startup Competition is now accepting applications through November 7. AWS launched the University Startup Competition in order to find and support student entrepreneurs as they build and launch their ventures. The top 10 finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their startups to a panel of investors and AWS Startup Team members. Past winners have used these resources to build software, connect with mentors, and grow their companies exponentially.
- Every finalist – $5k in AWS credits
- Every applicant – $1k in AWS credits
- 1st place – $20K cash + up to $100K in AWS credits
- 2nd place – $10K cash + up to $100K in AWS credits
- 3rd place – $5K cash + up to $100K in AWS credits
- Top Physical Consumer Products company – $10k cash + up to $10K in marketing support
- Top AI/ML company – $10k in AWS credits
- Top HCLS company – $10k in AWS credits
- Top Web3 company – $10k in AWS credits
- Top Fintech company – $10k in AWS credits
- November 7, 2022 11:59pm PT – Application page closes
- December 6, 2022 – 20 semi-finalists announced
- December 12, 2022 – 10 finalists announced
- January 2023 – Virtual final pitch event and winners selected
Q: What are the high level eligibility requirements?
A: Applicant must be a legal resident of the U.S.. Applicant must be the age of majority in the state/locality/country where the contestant resides. Applicant must be a founding member of a startup. At least one founder must be affiliated with an institution of higher learning located in the U.S. (i.e. student, faculty, staff at a university). A full list of requirements can be found in the Terms & Conditions.
Q: What is Amazon Web Services?
A: AWS is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing startups—are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.”
Q. What is Amazon LaunchPad?
A. Amazon Launchpad’s mission is to support entrepreneurs by providing resources, expertise, and global support to help showcase and deliver unique products to Amazon customers. Think of Amazon Launchpad as a supplemental program designed to jumpstart and accelerate an Amazon business.
The program is designed with startups in mind and provides resources to help drive brand awareness, including premium presentation, discoverability, member discounts, and tools and support. Find more Amazon Launchpad program information here.
Q: Are there any associated events to this competition?
A: Amazon Launchpad webinar, AWS Activate webinar, Final 20 PitchPages onboarding call, Final pitch event (virtual).
Q: How many founders can pitch for the finals?
A: Maximum 2 founders can pitch.
Q: Can graduate students and faculty submit an application to the University Startup Competition?
A: Yes. See full Terms & Conditions here.
Q: Who are the judges? Who owns the information submitted?
A: See Terms & Conditions here.
*Eligibility will be assessed upon registration.
Learn more about AWS Activate: https://aws.amazon.com/activate/portfolio/