Student entrepreneurs are invited to apply for the ASU Innovation Open, with $350,000 in cash prizes. The virtual competition is focused on student led tech ventures that are focused on high impact. Syracuse University students have gone on to the finals of this prestigious national event, which is backed by high profile corporate sponsors, so take a shot at this amazing prize package. Apply by October 31 here with a simple video pitch.
Here is a breakdown of prizes:
- $100,000 cash – Climate Change prize sponsored by Breakthrough Energy Ventures (Bill Gates led fund)
- $100,000 cash – Food Security prize sponsored by ASU eSeed
- $50,000 cash – Human Health prize sponsored by BD
- $25,000 cash – Water prize sponsored by SOURCE Global
- $25,000 cash – Digital Access prize sponsored by Amazon Web Services
- $25,000 cash – Connectivity prize sponsored by Avnet
- $25,000 cash – Mobility prize sponsored by onsemi
By applying you will also receive an Altium and a Solidworks license and can opt-in to apply for the AWS University Competition that offers additional prizes.
- A majority of each venture’s membership and equity holders must be currently enrolled and working towards a degree in an accredited university undergraduate or graduate program at the time of the ASU Innovation Open application deadline.
- Participating ventures must have taken steps beyond ideation (market research, prototype, website development, etc.). and must not have obtained more than $1,000,000 in equity funding into the entity.
Teams will be judged on problem, solution, competitive advantage, business model, team and how they would leverage prize money to advance their product, business model or go-to-strategy
Competition sponsors include: