We are still accepting applications to our first ever free virtual Summer Startup accelerator. You don’t need a venture participate. Even if you are just interested in exploring ideas, we can help you match you with teams and mentors. From June 15 through July 20 participate in a self-paced mentor-driven virtual accelerator program culminating in an Innovation Showcase the week of July 27. You’re a perfect candidate if you want to work on a team of like-minded innovators and creatives, meet amazing mentors and explore ideas that solve problems through entrepreneurial solutions. It’s six weeks of fantastic fun, meeting great people, and working on something exciting together. The program is open to all SU students and recent alumni— whether you have an idea that you want to accelerate, or wish you had one and want to work on a high-performance team.
Here’s how it works:
- Apply to participate by e-mailing us at LaunchPad@syr.edu
- If you are working on an idea, tell us what skill sets you are looking for in team members
- If you don’t have an idea, but want to be part of a team, tell us about your skills sets
- We’ll help make matches and build great teams
- Meetup virtually through platforms like the LaunchPad Syracuse Slack and Discord channels, and exchange ideas and advice
- Get matched with industry and alumni mentors
- Get access to a toolkit to create a roadmap to help make progress and showcase your idea or venture
- Participate in team mentor matchmaking and fun group social events
- Pitch your work in an Innovation Showcase to industry experts and investors
- Get a story written about your team for wide distribution, that you can add to your social media and professional profiles
- Earn a “Summer Startup” certificate of completion that you can put on your resume and celebrate the very cool thing you did this summer
Among the highlights of the program:
- June 15 Kick-off Call and Goal Setting
- June 18, Fireside chat with Tim Brown, Co-Founder at Allbirds
- June 25, Fireside chat with Josh Aviv, Founder and CEO of Spark Charge and LaunchPad student alum
- July 13, Mentor Office Hours Week using our new mentor-matching platform being developed by our great LaunchPad team of Global Fellows, Rubin Family Innovation Mentors and the Founders Circle
- July 16, Fireside chat with David Brown, CEO and co-founder of Techstars
- Week of July 27, Innovation Showcase with industry experts and investors
Over the course of the program we will feature a number of speakers and give participants the opportunity to interact with both speakers and mentors. Best of all, the program is self-paced, helping you make it work on your schedule.
The program will run alongside a separate LaunchPad Summer Startup program with Techstars. Fellowships are being awarded through that invite-only program through the Blackstone Charitable Foundation and will be announced the end of this week.
Don’t miss this opportunity. Applications close shortly. E-mail us now: LaunchPad@syr.edu