Applications are open through October 23 for the LaunchPad’s simplest, easiest and most fun way to earn a chance at four $1,000 prizes. This virtual competition is for students who have very early-stage ideas and who have not won funding in a business plan competition. It’s open to Syracuse University students from any major. Submit your application and video before 10 a.m. as part of “Startup in A Day” being held in conjunction with the IDEAS Competition.
The short application asks you to briefly describe your idea, your target customer, a plan to generate revenue, your passion and your leadership potential.
The top winners in four tracks will each take home $1,000. Then, four finalists from each campus will advance to the network round to compete against students at LaunchPads across the global network for an additional $10,000 and coaching by experts to develop branding, technology and product strategy.
- Must be a current student (undergraduate or graduate-level)
- Must be a “founder/co-founder” (i.e., the person with the original idea)
- Must be in the earliest stages, meaning just at the idea stage and have just started thinking about it
- Must apply as an individual or in teams of two
- October 21 is the deadline to apply for campus round. Apply here.
- All applications must be submitted by 11:59PM ET on Thursday, October 21
- October 23 is a fun team building event at Bird Library, “Startup in a Day” — https://www.eventbrite.com/e/startup-in-a-day-tickets-190781280947
- Winners announced at the October 23 event
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.