This is a reminder that we are still accepting applications through January 29, 2021 for Blackstone LaunchPad & Techstars LaunchPad Spring Fellowships with a $5,000 stipend. Student ventures selected for this prestigious program will have access to industry experts, successful entrepreneurs, exclusive guest speakers, and investors. Up to 50 student founders will be selected from across the entire LaunchPad global network. Each team will be awarded $5,000 in non-dilutive grant funding to support their technology ventures. Read the guidelines below and apply now. Note: it is very important to let the Syracuse LaunchPad know you are applying and you should be a LaunchPad member, so join here.
Apply if you are:
- Developing new technology to solve existing problems (including hardware, software, SAAS and mobile applications and computing, AI, VR, machine-learning, blockchain and cybersecurity startups)
- Applying current technology to solve new problems or in a new way (including new uses of online platforms and marketplaces, leveraging the IoT, remote/cloud computing, electronic communication and entertainment)
Be aware of key dates:
- Applications: NOW through January 29, 2021
- Application review: February 1 to February 12, 2021
- Selected companies announced (publicly): February 22, 2021.
- Fellowship Runs: March 1 to April 23, 2021
Check application criteria:
- Must be a current student or 2020 graduate (undergraduate level, graduate level) enrolled at LaunchPad network university.
- Must be a lead founder / co-founder of the venture.
- Must have an existing tech venture past the idea stage (venture may be for-profit, not-for-profit, Public Benefit Corporation or B-corporation).
- Must be working on a tech venture as described above.
- Must be self-motivated and driven to complete work independently and with minimal oversight.
- Must have availability to dedicate between 3-4 hours per week on the program.
- Must have well-defined, quantifiable (SMART) goals and milestones to be completed within the 8-week period of the fellowship.
- Must be past the idea-stage and ideally have a pitch deck, executive summary, a logo, a website, social media accounts (Ex; LinkedIn and Twitter).
- Must have some traction e.g., early sales, MOUs, funding raised, customer interest, user base, etc. (we will ask for examples in this form).
- Must have demonstrated leadership in both executing on business or program operations and galvanizing support.
- Must have experience working with mentors or advisors, integrating feedback into their venture, and demonstrating coachability.
The selection committee is comprised of Future Founders, Techstars and the Blackstone Charitable Foundation. The committee will give special consideration to diverse leadership and/or founding teams.
If you are active member of the LaunchPad, you may request our support in submitting the application.