The MassChallenge accelerator is officially open. Over the next few weeks, Syracuse University’s Blackstone LaunchPad powered by Techstars is on the hunt to identify the most-promising startups across industries. Are you one of them? Have an idea or early-stage venture you want to scale? Apply for the chance to access top corporates, expert mentors, tailored curriculum, free office space, scholarships, and up to $1M in cash prizes – all at zero cost and for zero equity. Deadlines for the 2019 accelerator are Feb. 13 (Early Bird) and March 13 (Final). Through a unique partnership, SU applicants can use code InnovateSyracuse100 to waive application fees, and submit a free application. Learn more at masschallenge.org/apply
Headquartered in the United States with locations in Boston, Israel, Mexico, Switzerland, Texas, and the UK, MassChallenge strengthens the global innovation ecosystem by accelerating high-potential startups across all industries, from anywhere in the world for zero-equity taken.
Applications for MassChallenge Israel are now live! Submit your application at https://accelerate.masschallenge.org by February 5, 2019 at 5:00 PM IT. Applications for MassChallenge Boston, MassChallenge Rhode Island, MassChallenge Switzerland, and MassChallenge Texas are now live! Submit your application at https://accelerate.masschallenge.org by March 13, 2019.
MassChallenge uses a competition model to select startups. Prospective MassChallenge startups submit application(s) for the MassChallenge accelerator program(s) they would like join. After submitting the application, startups will participate in one or two rounds of judging. At the end of these judging rounds, the highest-impact and highest-potential startups are invited to participate in the accelerator as Finalists.
To learn more about the different programs and to view application deadlines, please visit the relevant program page or contact us at email@example.com.
How to apply
1. Register at https://accelerate.masschallenge.org by creating your user profile
2. Create your startup profile
3. Submit the application fee ($45 USD before the early bird deadline, $99 USD before the regular deadline)
4. Complete and submit your application
About the judging process
In the first round of judging, all applications are reviewed online by our international community of judges.
- Each application is reviewed by at least three judges.
- Each applicant receives individualized feedback from the judges.
Startups are notified if they make the second round of judging. In the second round of judging, those startups pitch to a panel of judges or challenge partners in-person or via Skype (in some circumstances).
Just applying to the accelerator program can be a valuable experience for a startup. MassChallenge ensures that every single startup receives a comprehensive read of their application by assigning each of them a panel of diverse judges that represent a range of different industries:
- All applicants receive feedback from expert judges on their online applications.
- All Semi-Finalists receive extended feedback from expert judges on their in-person pitches.
For early-stage accelerator programs in Boston, Israel, Switzerland, Mexico, and Texas: Mass Challenge accepts applications for early stage startups across all industries, from anywhere in the world. If your startup has raised less than $500K in equity-based funding, generated less than $1M in revenue, and are set to make a big impact in your industry or on the world, you’re a good candidate.
For vertical programs MassChallenge HealthTech and MassChallenge FinTech: Mass Challenge accepts applications from industry-focused startups that have raised less than $10M in equity-based funding and generated less than $10M in revenue. Prospective startups should be developed enough to work collaboratively with a large business or institution.
Share the word through your network:
- Applications for the 2019 @MassChallenge #accelerator are now open! Apply with code InnovateSyracuse100 by 3/13 to access top corporates, expert mentorship, $1M in cash prizes, and more org/apply
- .@MassChallenge is looking for the world’s top student ventures to join its 2019 #accelerator! Apply with code InnovateSyracuse100 by 3/13 to turn your ideas into realities org/apply
- $1M + 100 startups + 4 months = @MassChallenge 2019! Apply with code InnovateSyracuse100 by 3/13 to launch & grow your startup – no strings attached org/apply