The Blackstone LaunchPad at Syracuse University connects the campus innovation ecosystem with a global network that provides support for aspiring entrepreneurs.
The LaunchPad is supported through seed funding from the Blackstone Charitable Foundation, and is part of a global network located at 20 universities around the world. The versatile 625 sq. ft. LaunchPad “glass cube” is located on the main floor of Bird Library. Its flex space can be used for ideation workshops, team and mentor meetings, co-working, networking events, coaching and training sessions, venture demos and product launches, as well as other collaborative activities. The space is professionally staffed, augmented by Global Fellows, and supported by a network of mentors and subject matter experts.
The Blackstone LaunchPad features:
- Campus-wide accessibility, open to students across all majors, with a focus on inclusive entrepreneurship:
- One-stop connections to the university’s robust network of entrepreneurial resources, programs and activities;
- One-one-one mentoring that cultivates entrepreneurial thinking and problem-solving. The LaunchPad program can be applied to for-profit and non-profit enterprises, and can be used to facilitate innovation within existing organizations, as well as new venture development;
- Specialized applications, tools and training to help get startups off the ground and scale;
- Interdisciplinary team-building that fosters a team approach and utilizes collaboration as a tool for innovation;
- Access to world-class content, experts and global events through the Blackstone Charitable Foundation;
- Regional, national and global connections to university programs and venture leaders to share best practices, engage with successful entrepreneurs, expand networks, and find partners;
- Blackstone LaunchPad network campus challenges, as well as national, state and regional business plan competitions, that provide opportunities for students from across the network to connect, compete and innovate;
- Workshops and technical assistance programs that build competence through experiential learning, and referrals to top ranked Syracuse University entrepreneurship education programs;
- Networking events that build a university-wide innovation infrastructure, bringing together entrepreneurs, researchers, investors and funders, as well as technical service providers.
Sign up on Ideator to become part of the network. Create your profile at: https://blackstonelaunchpad.org/syracuse
Learn more about the Blackstone LaunchPad global network at https://blackstonelaunchpad.org