The Blackstone LaunchPad at Syracuse University is looking for dynamic team members for paid student roles this academic year. We are hiring writers, videographers, designers, content creators, community builders, social media, newsletter and blog masterminds, US/Ui designers, web experts, hardware builders, software dev pros and more. We’re looking for fast-paced, deadline-driven self-starters and team players who want to work in a dynamic startup culture. The team will be part of a new “Startup Studios” at the LaunchPad in Bird Library.
The LaunchPad is Syracuse University’s innovation hub, connecting the entire University’s resource-rich ecosystem with a global network that provides support for aspiring entrepreneurs, inventors and creators.
The student team will support communications, outreach, events planning and management, as well as other strategic initiatives. This is a highly collaborative role, and successful candidates will work with LaunchPad staff and academic units across campus to deliver effective programs that support the student experience and an innovation ecosystem across the institution that prepares participants to be trailblazers in an entrepreneurial world.
The LaunchPad is dedicated to an inclusive and equitable workforce. We strongly encourage applicants who share these values to apply.
Helpful skills for applicants:
- Love for working in a startup environment or experience as a team member of a student startup venture
- Thrives working in a collaborate environment with fast-paced goals
- Experience in project management, delivery and execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Expertise in PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Creative, Word Press and Page Builder, Mail Chimp, Microsoft Teams, and other communications tools and platforms are high desirable, along with a good sense of interactive design, visual design, and information architecture
- Proficiency in social media platforms, communications design and strategy
- Technically proficient
- Innovative thinker who can translate thinking into action
- Experience building and mentoring
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skill
- Empathetic and intuitive personal qualities that foster a positive environment and organizational culture
- Soft skills such as creativity and critical thinking, leadership, listening, problem solving and team building
- People who can help positively contribute to building a highly networked and supportive, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural innovation hub across the entire LaunchPad ecosystem
Successful applicants will have one of the best jobs on campus, meet creative and entrepreneurial people, and build amazing resume and portfolio work – all while getting paid to be part one of the most energized programs on the SU campus.
Sound like you? Join the LaunchPad and send your resume and cover letter today.